Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

There Goes My Harp - Mimi Allen

September Song
There Goes My Harp
Mimi Allen
Decca Records DL 8825
1959

From the back cover: Mimi Allen's background is a varied as her music. As a pianist, she was recognized as a child prodigy. Later fascinated by the harp, and after assiduous study, she was proclaimed in classical circles as the outstanding harpist of her generation. She then began exploring the facets of jazz, and from this has evolved the "delicious artistry of Mimi Allen".

My Blue Heaven
Willow Weep For Me
Spring Is Here
Mimi
When The Wind Was Green
The Breeze And I
The Continental
September Song
If I Should Lose You
Ain't Misbehavin' (I'm Savin' My Love For You)
Thinking Of You The Peanut Vendor (El Manisero)


4 comments:

  1. I have the stereo version of this album. Nice easy listening music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord, this is my grandmother, and my sister just found this blog... If there is any way we could get a digital copy of this from anyone, PLEASE please please email me... We would be eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work at a library and just checked: there 5 libraries in the U.S. that own this album. They may have a way to convert to digital. You can look them up on worldcat.org

      Delete
    2. Here: https://archive.org/details/lp_there-goes-my-harp_mimi-allen/disc1/02.01.+The+Continental.mp3

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!