Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

New Music Ensemble - The San Francisco Conservatory

Moran: L'apres'-midi du Dracoula
New Music Ensemble
The San Francisco Conservatory
Wergo WER 60057
1971

From the back cover: Moran himself writes in connection with L'apres'-midi du Dracula: I first met the painter Robert Doxat in Vienna in 1963… I visited his flat in the 2nd District with friends. We walked up a stone stairway… while it rained outside. As I entered I knew that a magical event was talking place inside me. Robert showed me his wonderful drawings and pictures, scenes from the world of XamiXan. When I saw his drawing "The Afternoon of Dracula" I tried to reproduce the impression made by the drawing in musical terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!