Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Inside Me… Jimmie Komack

Inside Me…
Jimmie Komack
Orchestra Conducted by Dennis Farnon
RCA Victor LPM-1501
1957

Audio files available from your usual online vendors.

From the back cover: Professionally I am a comedian.

I made my mark in the Broadway show "Damn Yankees" (singing You Gotta Have Heart) and I have headlined nightclubs from Miami Beach, Florida (The Eden Roc), Las Vegas, Nevada (The El Rancho Vegas) to Hollywood, California (Ciro's).

During my last trip to Hollywood (appearing at The Mocambo) somehow the weather (it really is sunny out there) and the relaxed, sporting way of life got to me and I called up RCA Victor (who I am signed to) and told them I was feeling great and why not cut an album.


This was one of two LPs Komack made, the other was a comedy album. Komack has a nice laid-back vocal approach that is well suited for the slow tunes such as "Small Hotel".

You Came A Long Way From St. Louis
There's A Small Hotel
Let's Take A Walk Around The Block
Lazy River
Candy
Button Up Your Overcoat
There Goes My Heart
You're The Cream In My Coffee
Love Is Just Around The Corner
Linda
Jeepers Creepers
That Old Feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!