Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Nashville Country Guitars - Les And Larry Elgart

I Can't Stop Loving You
Nashville Country Guitars
Les And Larry Elgart
Swampfire Ambassador SF 203

This album is a mystery to me. From the back cover photo and notes you know that Elgart Brothers had something to do with this album… just what involvement they had, Swampfire does not make clear.

From the back cover: "They've (the Elgarts) gathered some of the best guitarists ever assembled in one Nashville recording studio…" and "Yes, Les and Larry Elgart have assembled it all here with the unforgettable sound of the Nashville Country Guitars."

The back cover also advertises two additional Elgart/Nashville albums, "Piano" and "Brass".

This light pop country album features a horn section (no mention if the Elgarts actually play on the album), steel guitar, 70s choral segments… the works. The musicianship is professional, but the arrangements lack cohesion and direction.

If you listen to a lot of "budget" light pop albums and like to hear something "off beat", this Nashville Guitars album may be for you.

Gentle On My Mind
King Of The Road
I Can't Stop Loving You
Your Cheating Heart
Tennessee Waltz
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
Only The Lonely
My Heart Cries For You
Green Green Grass Of Home
Third Man Theme

2 comments:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!