Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Music For Bachelors - Henri Rene

Time On My Hands

Music For Bachelors
Henri Rene And His Orchestra
Cover model posed for RCA Victor by Jayne Mansfield
Photo: Barry Kramer
Orchestrations by Dudley "Pete" King
Guitar Solo: Barney Kessel through the courtesy of Contemporary Records
Piano Solo: Buddy Cole
RCA Victor LPM-1046
1956

From the back cover: There is music, too, for the Bachelor at Contemplation. When the stag has drunk his fill, and the lone wolf run his solitary course, and the outrider comes home to rest, there is a need for the subtle companionship of music that soothes without intrusion. This is the time – and the tune – for planning great projects, for erecting the architecture of success, and for electing the next delectable feminine morsel to be approached.

From Billboard - September 8, 1956: Here's a subtle evocation of mood – music for the bachelor; music to sooth him when he's singed in the heat of the chase; music for his daydreams – such as "I'll See You In My Dreams," "Dinner For One Please, James." "Time On My Hands," etc. Great standards all – with lush, tasteful arrangements and an obvious understanding of the subject – both melodic and social. Cover features an absorbing photo of Jayne Mansfield.

Dinner For One Please, James
I'm Confessin'
I'll See You In My Dreams
Comme Ci, Comme Ca
Be My Love
Yearing
Easy To Love
For The Very First Time
I Cried For You
Time On My Hands
La Vie En Rose
Somebody's Wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!