Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Brass Ring Featuring Phip Bodner

Ain't No Sunshine
The Brass Ring Featuring Phil Bodner
Arranged and Produced by Phil Bodner
Executive Producer: Enoch Light
Associate Producers: Jeff Hest/Tony Mottola
Project 3 Total Sound PR5067 QD
1972

Produced late in Enoch Light's career. Light would retire in 1974.

While continuing to create book-fold jackets along the lines of what Light/Command produced, this Project 3 cover design looks somewhat budget by comparison. The photo of Bodner is poorly processed. The sound, also by comparison, seems a bit thin.

Bodner, however, still delivers that good "Command label" sound that is heavy on the "easy".

Sweet Seasons
Ain't No Sunshine
Wave
Beautiful
Main Theme From The Godfather
Sprinkles
Rock & Roll Lullaby
Saxophobia
Baby, I'm A Want You
Willkommen
The Godfather
Old Wine
We're Together

2 comments:

  1. Please send me listen to high-quality recording of this album! I can always offer you many unique records of my collection.Hi and best wishes from St. Petersburg. Russia. Avraam Baly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic album. I found a copy for $0.50 at a Goodwill in Port Angeles, Washington. I haven't had a chance to rip it, yet, and this is the only recording of "Sunshine" I've found online. Is there any chance I could get the rest of your rip of this album?

    Either way, thank you for posting my favorite song from one of my favorite dollar bin finds!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!