Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Jorgen Ingmann Plays El Condor Pasa

Regntunga Skyar
Jorgen Ingmann Plays El Condor Pasa
United Artists Records
UAS-6785
1970

Here's an interesting album I unearthed the other day made by Danish guitarist, Jorgen Ingmann who recorded Apache in 1961 which charted #2 in the US.

From the back cover: The famous "Ingmann sound"is a specific technique. Jorgen gets the exact sound he wants by playing all guitar parts himself, overdubbing as many as ten different tracks.

The vibe is a space age blend of jazz, easy listening and light pop.

El Condor Pasa
Boink
Regntunga Skyar
Opus Five
Lisa
Wishin' & Hopin'
The Sea Is My Soul
It Might As Well Be Spring
Summer Wind
This Guy's In Love With You
How Can I Be Sure




4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    this is really a nice blog, but somehow I don't understand the principle of downloading the records. Is there only one song you share?
    Best wishes from Austria,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Time. Sorry, I know it drives some folk crazy, but I very seldom post entire LPs. There are many reasons for this, including level of obscurity, vagueness of copyright, sever space, time and is simply choosing the better song for a quick sample. If the album is very obscure and I get a number of requests I revisit the file and sometimes post it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I will love to hear this record.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!