Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Bongo Cha Cha Cha - Jack Costanzo

Silencio
Bongo Cha Cha Cha
Jack Costanzo
Golden Tone C4061
1960

When I ran across this album I was sure that I already had it in the collection. I'm pretty good at remember jacket art... or maybe remembering fantastic shirts. The record that I was thinking of was Mr. Bongo Plays In Hi-Fi on Tops which featured this same photo.

While the jacket art was repurposed here, the tracks are different.

From Billboard - October 17, 1960: Here's a clean, crisp, brassy exposition of that favorite of the Latin rhythms, the cha cha. There's a lot of the blaring trumpet and trombone sound here along with some neat percussion effects. Eight offerings are all of an authentic nature and rack men can probably pick up some sales with the set.

Mira Como Los Pollos
Jarochito
Ramo E Mula
Silencio
Que Dichoso Es
Nana Secre
Quiere
Atu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!