Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dancing and Dreaming - The Jay Norman Quintet

Solamente
Dancing and Dreaming
The Jay Norman Quintet
Concert Disc CS-24
1959

I bought this one because I was attracted to the unusual cover illustration/color scheme. I didn't expect much from the music, but was pleasantly surprised by the Arthur Lyman small combo lounge approach.

Good stuff.

Somebody Loves Me
Dont' Blame Me
The Breeze And I
The Way You Look Tonight
Solamente
Easy To Love
Time On My Hands
Green Eyes
Out Of Nowhere
It Had To Be You
How Deep Is The Ocean
Amor

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! My parents had this track on one of those "Allied Radio" demo records and she just loved it. It took her years to find out who the artist was as the original cover for the record was missing. She always wanted to find an entire album of their stuff. Hope I can find it somewhere on line. Will be a great Mother's Day present this spring.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!